Friday, October 22, 2010

Hurt or Inert?

I bought myself a blue exercise ball years ago, fully intending to take up Pilates and stop shelling out excessive amounts of money on gym membership fees. The ball itself cost only $40 and came with a Pilates DVD, plus there are all sorts of Pilates demonstration videos on the Internet. I thought this was perfect.

My exercise ball has since served two purposes: to gather dust, and to seat the occasional guest to my apartment when I run out of actual chairs. My gym membership has been cancelled, but only so that I can become a desk chair potato, one who spends her time doing homework and such, but gets nowhere near enough exercise.

So how's this for a post-birthday resolution: I will make sure that the exercise ball is not a waste of money. I will push aside the living room furniture so that I have enough space to do Pilates, or exercise ball sit-ups, or whatever the latest exercise ball fad happens to be.

Just as soon as I figure out where I've stowed all my gym gear.

1 comment:

  1. I would suggest that you get an 'exercise partner'- one whom you would be accountable to and vice-versa. That way, you'll be motivated to exercise and reach your goal. Since we're still stuck on our chairs doing assignments, we do have a valid excuse to shelf our exercise plans for the meantime. I'm in the same dilemma, too. Exercising is not just possible at this time.

    ReplyDelete